The Human Rights Research and Education Centre is pleased to partner with Nobel Women's Initiative to present:
I am a HUMAN RIGHTS DEFENDER: This is MY STORY
A conversation with women human rights defenders.
This event supports the goals of the United Nations’ UNiTE Campaign: "[The] work on preventing and ending violence against women at the global, regional and national levels shows that there is widespread impunity on sexual violence and rape. This is why the UN Secretary-General has decided that starting 25th November 2019 and for the next two years, the UNiTE Campaign will focus on a rape as a specific form of harm committed against women and girls, in times of peace or war. Additional information about the 16 Days Campaign can be found here."arm
The UN 16 Days of Activism activities will begin on 25th November under our 2019 global theme
ORANGE THE WORLD: Generation Equality Stands Against Rape!
Friday, November 29, 2019
FAUTEUX Hall | FTX570
(57 Louis-Pasteur Private, University of Ottawa)
All are welcome.
Presentations in French and in English.
- Tata DIKO | Founder | Lady in Action (LIA)
- Nandar | Founder | Purple Feminist Group
- Carine SACERDOCE | Co-Founder | Club de défenseurs des droits de la fille
- Areeg ABASS | National Officer on Sexual and Reproductive Health | Sudan
- Cassandra SPADE | Research and Policy Assistant | Mishkeegogamang Ojibway Nation
- Joyce DIKO DUKU TIKAYA | EVE Organization for Women Development | South Soudan