The Human Rights Research and Education Centre (HRREC) and Scholars at Risk (SAR) uOttawa are pleased to invite you to the virtual event:
Cases and Documented Experiences of Gender Violence on Latin American Campuses
Tuesday, March 9, 2021
1:00 to 2:30 p.m.
ONLINE | ZOOM Webinar
Event in English. | Free and open to all.
RSVP required to receive the link: HRREC@uOttawa.ca.
One of the challenges universities in Latin America face is to design and implement institutional strategies following national and international frameworks based on respect for the human rights of women for the promotion of societies free of gender violence. However, before that, it is necessary to promote an open discussion about the cases and the documented experiences.
- Catalina ARANGO | Coordinator, SAR in the Americas Project, Human Rights Clinic, HRREC, uOttawa
Catalina will present on the regional trends about academic freedom and sexual violence on Latin American campuses.
- Nneka MacGREGOR | Executive Director & Co-Founder, WomenatthecentrE
- Alison MORRISON | Project Coordinator, WomenatthecentrE
Nneka and Alison will talk about the insight from survivors of sexual/gender violence and discrimination regarding transformative justice.
- Aman GHOTRA & Paige HOLLAND | Student researchers, SAR in the Americas Project, Human Rights Clinic, HRREC, uOttawa
Aman and Paige will discuss the role played by students and student associations in addressing sexual violence on campus.
The panel will be moderated by:
- Salvador HERENCIA | Director, Human Rights Clinic, HRREC, uOttawa