MAR 19 - Venezuela 2015: Regime crisis and increasing threats
The Human Rights Research and Education Centre presents:
Venezuela 2015: Regime Crisis and Increasing Threats
Thursday, March 19, 2015
2 to 4 p.m.
Lamoureux Hall, room 242
(145 Jean-Jacques Lussier)
Event in English.
RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
The panel will gather the views of experts, journalists and activists, discuss the impact of the continuous deterioration of the human rights situation in Venezuela under the current context of serious economic and social crisis and explore future possible scenarios.
- The panel discussion is available on video
- Read the report produced from this panel (in English only), published in August 2015
- Angel Alvarez (Political Scientist and Professor, Universidad Central de Venezuela)
- Nelson Bocaranda (Journalist and Editor of the news portal Rurun.es)
- Feliciano Reyna (Human rights activist and founder of Accion Solidaria)
- Alfredo Michelana (Sociologist and former Venezuelan diplomat)