The Human Rights Research and Education Centre is pleased to partner with the Canadian Commission for UNESCO, the Institute for Science, Society and Policy (ISSP), and Scholars at Risk (SAR) uOttawa to present:
SCIENCE, a Human Right
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
4 to 6 p.m.
Human Rights Research and Education Centre
Fauteux Hall - FTX570
(57 Louis-Pasteur Private, uOttawa)
Event in English. | Light refreshments provided.
- Read "An Introduction to UNESCO's Updated Recommendation on SCIENCE and SCIENTIFIC RESEARCHERS".
- Learn more about Scholars at Risk (SAR) uOttawa.
- Read "Defining Science and Scientific Researchers: It's a Whole New World" in University Affairs.
- John PACKER | Director, Human Rights Research and Education Centre, University of Ottawa
- Dick BOURGEOIS-DOYLE | Writer and Science Administrator, former Secretary General of the National Research Council of Canada (NRC) — Biography
"The Universality of Science and the New UNESCO Recommendation on Science and Scientific Researchers"
- Heather MORRISON | Associate Professor, School of Information Studies, Faculty of Arts, University of Ottawa — Biography
"Science in the Context of Social Media"
- Margaret McCUAIG-JOHNSTON | Senior Fellow, Institute for Science, Society and Policy (ISSP), University of Ottawa — Biography
"Reflections on Implementing the UNESCO Recommendation in China"
- Viviana FERNANDEZ | Assistant Director, Human Rights Research and Education Centre, University of Ottawa & Steering Committee Member of Scholars at Risk (SAR) Canada