The Human Rights Research and Education Centre and the School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies invite you to the roundtable:
Refugees and Immigration: Beyond Borders and Walls
In the wake of the Syrian refugee crisis, this roundtable aims to encourage a critical discussion, from a multidisciplinary perspective, about refugees, immigration and the circulation of people in a so-called time of “globalization”. In so doing, we not only call for urgent attention to the immediate crisis, but we appeal to scholars, politicians, civil society actors and the public at large to examine the situation beyond the crisis and think about long-term solutions for our societies to become more inclusive, peaceful and just.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
4 to 6 p.m.
Fauteux Hall – FTX570
This event will be presented in English and French.
RSVP at HRREC@uOttawa.ca
- Patti Tamara LENARD | Associate Professor, Graduate School of Public and International Affairs | The Conservatives have won: All three federal parties respond pathetically to the Syrian refugee crisis
- Luisa VERONIS | Associate Professor, Department of Geography | Fixité, mobilité et frontières : Pourquoi devoir aller au-delà des oppositions binaires et des typologies
- Larisa KURTOVIC | Assistant Professor, School of Sociological and Anthropological Studies | On the distinction between a migrant and a refugee
- Luc TURGEON | Associate Professor, School of Political Studies | Les attitudes des Canadiens et des Canadiennes envers l'immigration et la diversité ethno-culturelle : Un retour en arrière?
- Vincent MIRZA | Professeur adjoint, École d’études sociologiques et anthropologiques
- Karine VANTHUYNE | Professeure adjointe, École d’études sociologiques et anthropologiques
*The Human Rights Research and Education Centre may take pictures at this event for use on the website.